Thursday, March 10, 2011

Loving Aloe Blacc

Recently got Aloe Blacc's 2 studio albums, and I am LOVING THEM.  You may know his song "I Need a Dollar" which was commissioned by HBO for the opening credits of their series How to Make it In America.

As I was listening I realized he has a Velvet Underground cover on his Good Things album, Femme Fatale...Originally by The Velvet Underground/Lou Reed, its a really nice remake of the song, keeping a lot of the melody but still feeling like his own.  Seems appropriate since work just got the Velvet Underground license.  Also since I just posted below about Andy Warhol (He produced their 1st album, and convinced front man Lou Reed to write this about Edie Sedgwick).  It reminds me of someone as well, but we will leave that there

...And best part, I found a video for it.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment