Monday, March 7, 2011

Auto Ink, Computerized Tattoo Machine Development...Hmmm?


I don't have a tattoo, girlfriends before have, and they can be quite attractive, but for me I haven't yet settled on anything I want permanently on my body...but who knows how I will feel in a few years, or later this year for that matter.  BUT i came upon this and it just felt weird.  I am all for making things better, but a huge part of tattoo'ing is the fact its HAND DONE.  This just seems like the temp tatoo/screen printed/mass marketed bastardization of the artform.  Now I'm sure some people would appreciate this machine...me, especially as an artist, i'm skeptical of it.  Kinda curious how the tattoo community views this....something to think about.



"Right now Auto Ink is setup with a pen rather than a needle, but is still an interesting piece/concept nonetheless"

7 comments:

  1. Lame. That's really bad. They call themselves "tattoo ARTISTS" for a reason. Go get one Scotty; it will confirm your opinion on this machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently found a piece of artwork that I would love tattooed on me. However, the artists style is really unique and i'm having a hard time finding an artist i trust for this particular image. I would totally use this machine for this. The art itself was hand done, and I prefer to get it as close to the original artists expression as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a step into a direction that will change the tattoo industry forever! Imagine the depth and quality of the images that a computer would be able to recreate. It would become the work of the artist to create the most inventive designs for the machine. More artists could exist, and only the best artists would make the cut. No more piss poor ink jobs by tracers anymore! It would become far less expensive to get a tattoo and so the competition would expand the art beyond any boundaries we could imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want a tattoo of the Mandelbrot set. That is why I stumbled on this discussion. A good tattoo of a fractal needs very high resolution that can only realistically be generated by a computer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to know if you, who posted this tattoo machine blogg, are the founder or know who is.I have some questions.im not familiar with the blogg community, in fact this is my first. So please excuse my lack of knowledge, perhaps i could find out my answer if i look around but i honestly dont have time and this is more effective. If your the creator, we need to talk asap. Ill be checking periodically for your response.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You cannot replace people with computerized machines in the tattoo industry for one thing stretching the skin is a very important part in the tattoo process this machine does not seem capable of doing so also how would you keep this thing sterile and prevent cross contamination also computerized machinery tends to malfuction very often so if this machine was to malfunction it could really injure someone or mess up the tattoo it is working on and that would cause the customer to have to get it removed or covered up and both can get very costly this idea is an epic fail in alot of ways sorry but there are just some things you cant replace with computerized machinery

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You cannot replace people with computerized machines"
    ^ Hilarious that this was posted from a computer on the internet.

    ReplyDelete