Thursday, December 16, 2010

More people I admire, Jonathan Safran Foer, New SCULPTURAL BOOK


So yesterday I found out, Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close (2005, possibly my one of my top 3 books of all time) by Jonathan Safran Foer is going to be made into a movie.  The book was sooo emotionally therapeutic after my father passed away.  Not only that, the book implored visual additions to the text in the book that made it feel a bit more alive, like a friend had read it before and left clues.  

Today I found out about another amazing project Foer is attached to.  He recently released an amazing new book/project/concept (not really sure what to call it) Tree of Codes that seems to defy normality.  It took a european publisher to take the chance, as the book literally is a collage printing nightmare.  See pics and a lil PR video from the publisher below to see what I mean and def check out his work.  AMAZING.  AMAZING


 (yes the pages are pieces of text)

I'm not even sure how this book is read, but it doesn't matter it looks like it will be a true original, already ordered my copy, will let you all know when I get it.

And a small clip from Everything is Illuminated....Movie is good, book is better

No comments:

Post a Comment