Monday, November 29, 2010

Martin Kalanda, Slovakian Artist based in NYC with Subtle GOODNESS

I love animals.  There is just something magical about being able to connect with another living being and feel that connection back, so I must admit I am a sucker for good animal artwork.  Even those ridiculous kitten calendars I enjoy (don't tell)

Anyways, came upon this great artist, Martin Kalanda who has a mix of work, painting, drawing and so on, but it was his series of sketches surrounding animals that really caught me.  The subtle contrast, the natural world along side the industrialized world really makes for some great compositions.  Took me a second (or two...or three) to realize what was in the background among these animals.  Nice touch.

See a few pics below and check out his full site for some of his other work.




No comments:

Post a Comment